If you have ever worked at a non profit you have received some terrible well meaning donations.
So a friend asked us what we can REALLY use... So we decided to give you a big list!
· First and foremost as always, socks and underwear (any traveling kid will be your best friend with a pair of clean socks :)
· Feminine products
· Sleeping bags (army bags preferably)
· Small Tarps (preferably brown or green)
· Goodwill gift card
· Id voucher
· Quality counseling sponsor
· Flywheel coffee gift card
· Whole Foods gift card
· Another way for homeless friends to eat on a daily basis in Haight
· A safe dry place to sleep that allows dogs and significant others and discipleship- a transitional but loving home.
· Lockers so you can go to appointments or even church easily- without what you own being stolen
· Friends who are sober to hang out with our friends on the street and do normal life things together!
· New full time staff!
· Jobs short and long term- so they can get experience and a more current resume as well as legally earned cash!
· Vehicles for specific sober friends
· Travel help- flights or greyhound tickets to go home!
Housewarming gifts for newly housed friends:
· George forman
· Crock pot
· Electric tea pot
· Coffee set up
· Warm blankets
Stuff our house can use:
· Financial support to get each staff fully funded- http://www.crmleaders.org/give
· Airline miles, or sponsor one of our trips!
· Grocery cards (safeway, whole foods, trader joes, rainbow, foodsco)
· Gas cards
· Small heaters
· 4 Fans
· Shelving for storage
· Back up pancake power box or someone to invent a new awesomer longer lasting system!
· A 2000+ watt power inverter
We could use your Talents and Connections!
· Legal council for friends as well as for pancakes as issues arise
· Personal assistant
· Wifi consultant to make it reach our whole house!
· Volunteer counselor for homeless friends who are scared to go to a center or don’t qualify for free counseling.
· Babysitters (esp during bible study)
· Bible lovers- to guest facilitate bible study on specific topics as they come up! Perhaps a theology nerd?
· A person older then us who wants to have kids over for tea and cookies and love on them! Be grandma/grandpa for many who don’t have elders.
· A house sitter who is willing to host kids while we are gone.- Just sleep at our house and make sure people are alive J
· A musician who can jam with kids
· Someone who can introduce good Christian hardcore/punk/folk music to our kids!
· A Job connector please! To connect us or our kids to possible jobs or to hire them! Please!
· A passionate person to manage our Odd Jobs website- connecting youth to short term odd jobs for individuals and individuals to a person who needs a short job!
· A job coach- helping kids get to where they want to be!
· Rainy day or emergency housing- a person we could call when we have someone who really needs housing but we can’t provide it.
· A writer to collect our stories and write them well
· A once a year house deep cleaner volunteer group
· Moms to visit moms for play dates who are holed up in hotels and learning how to parent.
· We go on retreats a few times a year to pray or to plan for the year, or sometimes when tough stuff happen to get away and pray and process, so houses with 1+ empty bedrooms that are within 2 hours of SF that you would be willing to let SFOC staff stay in for 2 or 3 nights would be lovely.
· Other random skills we don’t even know you have! – Tell us what you could do for us and we can tell you if a situation comes up where we could need you!
for 1 year we buy in bulk and spend on average: 926.42$ for Syrup, Sugar, Creamer, Coffee, Pancake batter, Forks, Plates, Cups, etc…
Rainbow Gathering Kitchen supplies:
Around 300$ plus gas.
Thanks for caring!
2960 21st Street